Saving in Folders vs Buckets

May 26, 2009 at 11:06 PM

Thank you for your continued development on this excellent, well-organized library. 

We are looking to use this library to create a client repository of documents.  I would like to save each documents in a folder according to a 9 digit client ID, assigned to each client.

I was planning on storing all documents within a single bucket, and creating a folder for each client ID.  But throughout this library, I'm not seeing any functions for creating folders, or for storing objects in a particular folder within a bucket.  Is this supported?  Can you provide an example?

Or, would it be considered a better practice to have a separate bucket for each ClientID?  In either case -- there will be THOUSANDS of ClientID's/folders/buckets -- so which would be considered th best practice?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Jun 6, 2009 at 12:12 AM
Edited Jun 6, 2009 at 12:13 AM

Kindly requesting good practice recommendations here.   I'm obviously assuming that all folders can be placed within one bucket -- but seek C# coding examples for creating such folders, putting objects in these folders, and boolean methods to check if folders/files already exist?

Thank you in advance.