support for metadata and headers in response

Nov 9, 2007 at 7:44 PM
Hi,

First off, thanks for the library - it's been helpful.

I recently made some changes to the library that I'd like to share back. I moved the Request object's MetaData and Headers properties to the Transfer object so that I could access them from response objects too. Next I added a function to the ThreeSharpQuery object to parse the response headers and load them into either the metadata or header lists on a response object. I then updated Invoke() to call this new helper function to parse the returned headers. With these changes it is now possible to retrieve headers and metadata from the response.

These changes are pretty small overall. How should I get these changes back to the project?

I am also planning on adding support for HEAD requests as well in the near future.

thanks,
david
Coordinator
Nov 9, 2007 at 7:59 PM
Hi David,

Glad the library helps. The easiest way to submit some basic changes would be to open an issue in the Issue Tracker with your updates.

Cheers,

--Craig
Coordinator
Nov 28, 2007 at 1:30 AM
Hi David,
For Release 1.1, I've done as you did and moved Headers into the Transfer object, which get populated on responses now. This allows use of HEAD requests. Thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks,
Joel Wetzel
Affirma Consulting